Welcome to Placker! in this article we summarized a few steps to help you get started with Placker.
We want you to save time, avoid mistakes and get your work done. To do this we have three main views in Placker:
- Board view - To stay organized and track your cards to completion. You can view one or more boards at the same time, combine boards into one view or change the layout of your board. For example from the default list view to viewing your cards by assigned member.
- Gantt view - To understand how your boards are planned over time, create and manage dependencies between cards and understand the actual timelines against the planned ones.
- Track view - To visualize the status of your cards in dashboards using one of the many widgets that are available to you. View the widgets by card count, effort or story points.
Next, to this, we have the board overview page to keep all your boards, bookmarks and dashboards organized (in organizations).
Articles that help you get started
There are a number of articles that will help you to get started with Placker:
- The 'Getting Started section' in the help center -> this is the full overview on getting started articles.
Generic articles on how Placker works
- How to show or hide cards using the filter -> To quickly show or hide cards based on its attributes.
- How to save settings as a bookmark in Placker -> To be able to save multiple views as bookmarks and switch between them.
- How to create card mirrors -> To create a synchronized card copy between two boards.
Articles on the board view:
- How to manage your work on multiple boards at the same time -> To manage multiple boards at the same time.
- How to combine multiple boards into one -> To manage multiple boards as one.
Articles on the Gantt view:
- How to show and manage checklists on the Gantt chart -> To not only show cards, but also the full checklists on the Gantt.
- How to use auto-scheduling with dependencies -> To manage the dependencies between cards.
Articles on integrating Trello and Placker:
- Setting up the Trello power-up -> To show Placker attributes on your cards in Trello.
- Using the Gantt for Trello Chrome extension -> To switch from Trello to Placker in one click.
- How to get started with Placker and Trello -> How to link Placker and Trello using an example board, including progress and effort tracking.
Looking for help?
We use this help center to create articles on Placker, questions that we get in the chat are often answered by creating a new article so others will find the answer.
The best way to find answers is to either search the help center or contact us by using the chat. Just click on the lower right icon to reach out to us.
Don't hesitate to reach out, we created Placker to help you and are more than happy to get you started on using Placker itself or how to organize your processes around Placker.
Are you using Trello?
When you are already using Trello, you will be familiar with the board view, this is just like Trello only in Placker you will be able to view multiple boards at the same time and you can change the layout of the board.
When you are already using Trello, you want to make sure that your Trello account is linked to your Placker account.
See also: How can I connect my Trello account
You can use the Trello power-up and Gantt for Trello Chrome extension to make it much easier for you to switch between Trello and Placker. Also when you see a Trello icon in Placker; you can click on it to go to Trello.
See also: Trello power-up
Are you a team lead?
Invite others to Placker, you can simply share the Placker URL to get them started.
See also: How to invite and onboard the rest of your team