Manage your board members by opening the member tab in the board overview, click on your board title on the overview page or on your board/Gantt page to open the pop-up.
You can take the following action if you are a lead of the board:
- Add/invite members by e-mail address or name.
- Set the member role to either lead or member
- Set the member color (overwrite from default user color)
- Remove a member from the board
Please note that if your board is imported from Trello, Trello is leading in adding and removing members. You can then only set the member role if you are a lead.
See the screen recording below how to invite a member, change the role to lead and remove the member again from the board.
What is the difference between the role types?
There are five different role types in Placker, here are the differences:
- Leads can delete the boards and manage its members, leads can also be assigned to cards.
- Members can create and update cards, labels, milestones etc, members can also be assigned to cards.
- Viewers can only view the content in Placker and cannot edit anything, viewers can also be assigned to cards (by leads or members).
- Passive users can view the full content of the board in Placker and cannot be assigned to cards.
- Blocked users cannot view the content in Placker and can be assigned to cards in Placker.
What is the difference between viewers and passive users?
When you like to give someone read-only access that is also assigned to cards on the board, you should assign the 'Viewer' role to this user. For example, a client that is assigned to some cards on the board but should not update anything.
When you like to give someone read-only access that is not assigned to the cards, you should assign the 'Passive' role to this user. For example, a stakeholder that likes to see the card status in a dashboard but should not update anything.
How are members managed when the board is linked to Trello?
When the board is linked to Trello, you need to add active members through Trello. When extra members are added through Placker, they will always get the 'Passive' role. This means that they can see the content but can't be assigned to cards.