When working on projects or operations, it is common to have cards that repeat every specific period of time. You could use it in these cases:
- Meetings every monday
- Status report every 30th day of the month
- Payments every 5th day of the month
To add all these recurring cards to your board, instead of creating them or copying individually, you may set them to repeat.
In this example, we have a weekly meeting that should happen every monday. To learn how to repeat them, follow these steps:
Create the recurring card
Add a card that will be duplicated when conditions are met.
Set card to be repeated
Click the card to open the panel and click three dots on the top right. Then, click "repeat cards".
Repeat card settings
A dialog box will appear in which you can set the parameters for the recurrance. You can set:
When should the card be repeated
- Repeat type: weekly or monthly
- Repeat on: Days of the week for weekly of day of the month for monthly
- At: Time that triggers the repetition
- Timezone: region of the globe of the time
Where should the card be created
- Select board: Board in which repeated cards will be created
- Select list: List in which repeated cards will be created
How should the due date be updated
Due date: End date and time of the repeated cards. It can be set as:
- Clear: no due dates
- Same as original card: the due date will be the same as the card it was copied from
- Day of repeat: Same day as when the repeat trigger was activated
- Next day of the week: will set the due date to next week
New cards will be created automatically
When the selected time comes, a new card will be created from the original one. In the previous example, there will be a "Weekly review" every Monday and Thursday at 9:00 AM (New York time zone).
Instead of repeating individual cards, you can also set the repetition of a whole list and the cards it contain. To do this, click the title of the list and the button "repeat this list". The parameters will be the same as the card repeating.