Placker needs authorization from Trello to access and update your boards, this article explains why we need this authorization and how we manage this. It also answers a number of frequently-asked questions. Do you have more question? Use the chat to contact us!
Why do you need the authorization?
We need the authorization to read and update your cards in Trello;
- We read your cards in Trello to show them in Placker
- We update your cards in Trello when you update them in Placker
What data do you read and update in Trello?
We access the following data from your Trello account:
- To show you the lists of boards that you can import into Placker, we retrieve this lists from Trello. (the lists of board names).
- Then if you imported a board into Placker, we will import the members, labels, cards, descriptions, and comments from that board into Placker and keep the information synchronized.
- For each member of your board (or yourself) we store the member name and member picture in Placker.
What data do you NOT read or update in Trello?
We do not read or update the following information:
- We do not get your e-mail address from Trello
- Boards that have not been imported in Trello will not be read.
- For boards that are imported, we do not import card attachments, card pictures or power-up information. (including custom fields).
Why do you need the authorization on my full account?
This is how Trello works, you authorize Placker to access your account. However, as described above, this does not mean that we access this information without your permission. You stay in the lead for importing boards into Placker.