The Gantt chart is generated in your browser and can get slower when you are processing huge data sets.
The performance can be impacted by the following factors:
- The number of cards on your Gantt chart (resulting in rows in the Gantt)
- The scale of your Gantt chart (resulting in columns in the Gantt)
- The limitations of your device and other open applications on it
When you experience a performance drop, this is what you can do:
- Update a performance setting (see below)
- Set a filter to hide cards on the Gantt
- Free up browser resources by closing non-Placker tabs and applications.
- Change performance settings in Placker
Performance settings in Placker
Next to setting the filter to hide cards, there are two settings you can set to improve the performance. These settings are available from the 'more settings' panel.
- Disable: 'Show progress in chart', as showing the progress draws additional elements on the chart.
- Disable: 'Show critical path', as calculating the critical path costs resources.
- Disable all additional column attributes in the setting menu and hide the columns.
- Enable: 'Increase performance'. This will disable some visible items on the Gantt chart.
When you enable 'Increase performance', the following settings will be applied:
- The progress in chart is hidden (similar to disabling the setting show progress in chart)
- Non-work days are not longer grayed out in the chart itself (they are grayed out in the scale)