To understand what is happening on your boards and cards, you can view the history of the changes that happened on the board or card, this is the activity stream.
We are currently actively working on improving the activity stream. Please let us know your feedback in the chat.
When would you like to use the activity stream:
- When you like to understand what was changed on a specific card.
- When you like to keep track of what is being changed on a board that is now open.
- When you like to keep track of what is being changed across multiple boards, so you can take action immediately.
Using the activity stream
How to enable and view the activity stream:
As we are actively working on improving the activity stream, it needs to be enabled on the board level before being able to access it, you can enable the activity stream in your board settings, as you can see in the screenshot below:
You can click on a board title to open the board pop-up and access this setting, please reload Placker when you have changed this setting.
View the activity stream on card level
When you like to see the history of the changes made on a card, you can open the card pop-up to view the card activity stream.
In case you don't see the activity stream and you did enable the setting on the board, please refresh Placker as the activity stream is initialized when the placker app is loaded.
View the activity stream on board level
When you are in the board, gantt or track view, you can view the activity stream for the boards that are selected. Go to the more menu and click on 'activity stream' to open the activity stream in the right hand panel.
Now you can see the activity stream on the right hand panel:
You can take the following actions when viewing the activity stream:
- You will see a warning at the top of the activity stream in case you are trying to view the activity stream for boards that are not enabled.
- You can click on the card or board title to view the card or board overview.
Frequently asked questions
What does it mean that you are actively working on this feature?
- We try to release our features in an iterative way, which means that we are gradually improving the features over time based on the feedback of our users (you!) Please give us our feedback on what you like or dislike in the chat.
What type of improvements are on the roadmap?
- Filtering and sorting of the activities in the feed, we would like to make it possible to, for example, view all updates done by a certain person, or all updates on the plan end date. Also we would like to make it possible to show features that are part of the current filter (now we will show all cards on the board).
- Showing more then 20 activities, the current feed is limited to 20 activities, we plan to extend this to view all activities in the future.
- Adding an activity feed widget to the tracker, to allow you to view the stream of activities on your dashboard as well.
What is the timing of implementing these improvements?
- We are now collecting feedback and will be scoping other improvements in one of the upcoming iterations.