By default checklists are not shown in the Gantt chart, find out how to view and manage them from the Gantt chart, next to this you can set the Gantt to automatically update the Card dates based on the underlying checklist items.
Show checklists on the Gantt chart
You can change the settings for the checklist items in the 'Checklist planning' block on the settings panel. Access them by clicking on 'more settings' and scroll down for the checklist block.
This is shown in the screen recording below.
Adjust card start/end date based on checklist item dates
There are two ways to handle checklist item planning;
- To adjust the start and end date the cards based on the start and end dates of the checklist items. (this is the default way)
- To plan the checklist items independent of the card dates.
The setting 'Update card dates by checklist dates' sets how you want the dates to be handled, when enabled, the card dates will be updated based on the checklist dates.
Adjust card dates based on checklist item dates
When enabled, this will adjust the card dates based on the minimum start date and maximum end dates of the checklist items. The following logic is implemented:
- The initial card start and end dates are always respected.
- When a checklist item is planned to start before the original start date, the start date of the card is updated based on the start date of the checklist item.
- When a checklist item is planned to end after the original end date, the end date of the card is updated based on the end date of the checklist item.
This is shown in the screen recording below:
- First, the checklist items are moved to update the boundaries of the card.
- Then, moving the checklist items back does not update the card dates back as the dates are respected.
Add checklists from the Gantt chart
There are two ways to create checklists from the Gantt view;
- Click on the + next to a card to add a checklist.
- Click on 'add checklist' in the detail panel to create a checklist
Both ways are shown in the recording below, first, a checklist is created by clicking on the +, then one is added from the right detail panel.
Add checklist items
Similar to how you can add checklists, you can add checklist items also. Either by clicking on the + next to the checklist or by adding it from the detail panel.
Move checklist items
You can move checklist items or checklist from the right panel when you click on a card, this screen overview shows you how to do this: