Mirror mode helps you to automatically mirror the status of your cards across boards. This will save time in manually copying the status between the boards and avoids mistakes being made because people are looking at the wrong status.
How does this benefit you?
Card mirroring will help you to synchronize the status between two boards. This helps when managing work between different teams.
- Automatically track the status between a design/product backlog and the development/sprint board. When the development team finishes a task, the status is automatically updated on the design/product backlog as well.
- Create a 'Client board' to highlight specific cards to your client while tracking the status on your main board. When the client finishes their tasks, they will get updated on the mainboard automatically.
- Use meeting boards for more productive meetings where you mirror the cards from your main board to the agenda on the meeting board, if cards are completed they will be completed on the main board as well.
There are many more examples, we love to hear how you use card mirroring!
What is card mirroring?
Card mirroring means that we synchronize the status/progress attributes between the two cards. This includes both the status and the status dates (like the actual start and end date of the card).
As you can setup progress tracking in multiple ways, the impact of card mirroring is different for each setup.
The following attributes will always be mirrored:
- The progress attribute will be the same between the two cards.
- The progress dates will be the same between the two cards.
- The planned dates will be the same between the tow cards.
Then, based on how the progress is tracked on the board, this will be updated as well:
- For boards that track progress by list: The card will be moved to the correct list.
- For boards that track progress by label: The label will be assigned to the card.
Setup card mirroring
You can setup card mirroring by opening multiple boards in the board views. Then you can simply drag and drop cards between boards to create a 'mirror' copy of the card.
Automatically track the progress
Then for the above boards, when you move your cards between lists in Trello (or Placker), the mirrored cards will also be moved to the right list. This is seen in the screen recording below.
Mirror cards with checklist items.
You can link checklist items to cards by dragging the checklist item to the board to create the mirrored item. Just like you create a mirror of a card.
Now, when the checklist item moves to the completed lists, the mirrored checklist item will also get completed on the checklist. When you complete a checklist item, the card will move to the completed list automatically as well.
Frequently asked questions
Why is there a synchronization delay?
The card synchronization is managed in the Placker backend, as the updates are distributed to your web client, there can be a few seconds delay between updating one card and receiving the updates on the mirrored card.